Barnyard Camp offers children between the ages of 6 and 8 a hands-on week with mother nature and farm critters. Campers will also get the opportunity to ride horses under the supervision of one of our instructors. Our camp will introduce children to farm animals such as a goat, cow, chickens, sheep, miniature horses and full size horses. Each day the campers will interact with the animals and learn their purpose, how to take care of them and how to feed them. Our indoor facilities ensure each days activities to be fulfilled. In addition to our farm animals, the campers will have hands on farming experiences such as gardening, learning about various plants, trees and collecting eggs daily. The campers will also make crafts out of items collected from the great outdoors. The natural world is our earliest and most efficient teacher. Children are attracted to both the meaningful activity of the farm and to the involvement with living things that it implies. The experience of farm life is appropriate in these complex times and serves to link wilderness with civilization.
Four day camp for 6-8 year olds runs 8am-3pm, May 26 – 29, 2020 (No camp Mon. 5/25, closed for Memorial Day)
What to Bring:
• Each camper will need to bring a sack lunch daily. We will have a microwave and refrigerator for the campers to utilize.
• It will be important for each camper to have sunscreen applied before coming to camp.
• Campers will have access to a vending machine for snacks or drinks should they choose to use it.
• Campers have the option of wearing garden gloves. • Campers will need to wear closed toed shoes daily—minimum of a tennis shoe.
• Campers will need to bring a pair of pants and shorts daily to participate in various activities.
• Campers have the option of wearing a hat to help block the sun. (recommended)
• Bug spray is needed to help prevent bug bites while on the hiking trails.
• Bring a smile and eagerness to make new friends, both 4 legged and 2 legged, in the great outdoors.
Aftercare is available for Barnyard camps from 3 to 5 pm at $15 per day
($60 if 4-day camp or $75 if 5-day camp).
*Full aftercare fee must accompany your initial deposit & registration form.