For Ages 6 to 10 years old.
This camp offers children between the ages of 6 and 10 a hands-on week with mother nature and farm critters.
Campers will also get the opportunity to ride horses under the supervision of one of our instructors 3 of the days during the camp week.
Our camp will introduce children to farm animals such as goats, a cow, chickens, ducks, sheep, miniature horses and full-size horses. Each day the campers will interact with the animals and learn their purpose, how to take care of them and how to feed them. Our indoor facilities ensure each day’s activities to be fulfilled even if weather does not permit outdoor activities.
In addition to our farm animals, the campers will have hands on farming experiences such as gardening, learning about various plants, trees and collecting eggs daily from our ducks and chickens. The campers will also make crafts out of items collected from the great outdoors.
The natural world is our earliest and most efficient teacher. Children are attracted to both the meaningful activity of the farm and to the involvement with living things that it implies. The experience of farm life is appropriate in these complex times and serves to link wilderness with civilization.
Choose Your Little Ranchers Camp Below and Enroll Online Today!
Please Note: There are 5 day camps and 4 day camp for ages 6-10.
3 Day Camp
4 Day Camp
(May 30 – June 2)
5 Day Camp
(June through August)
*Optional aftercare available from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm for additional $15.00 per child per day.
What to Bring:
- Each camper will need to bring a sack lunch daily. We will have a microwave and refrigerator for the campers to utilize.
- It will be important for each camper to have sunscreen applied before coming to camp.
- Campers will have access to a vending machine for snacks or drinks should they choose to use it. (Please send your camper with quarters, $1 Dollar Bills or $5 Dollar Bills ONLY!)
- Campers have the option of wearing garden gloves.
- Campers will need to wear closed toed shoes daily—minimum of a tennis shoe.
- Campers will need to bring a pair of pants and shorts daily to participate in various activities.
- Campers should bring a baseball hat or sunhat to wear during outdoor activities.
- Bug spray is needed to help prevent bug bites while on the hiking trails.
- Bring a smile and eagerness to make new friends, both 4 legged and 2 legged, in the great outdoors!