Hunter Hounds (English Advance Camp: Level 1) Requirements: Camper must be able to walk, trot (sitting and posting) and canter. Camper must be able to identify the correct diagonal at a posting trot. Camper must be a current intermediate level English rider in lessons at Kraus Farms and have started to trot and canter over cross-rails in lessons. If you are not currently in our lesson program you must have completed at least 1-2 weeks of Snaffle Bits camp to be eligible to move up to Hunter Hounds. If you are unsure if you qualify for this camp please ask your instructor. Lesson students from outside of Kraus Farms are also welcome as long as they can meet the above requirements!
- Campers will solidify their two-point over fences
- Campers will learn the difference between a half seat and a full seat canter.
- Master executing a 13”- 18” cross-rail fences and courses to build confidence for the next level of jumps which is 2’ vertical fences.
- The knowledge to bathe a horse.
- The ability to tack and bridle their horses independently by the middle of the camp week.
5-day Hunter Hounds horse riding camp for ages 7-14. Monday – Friday. Drop Off Between: 7:30am- 8:00am Pick Up Between: 3:00pm- 3:30pm Camp Run Time: 8:00am- 3:00pm