Hats & Chaps (Western Intermediate Camp) Requirements: Control at a walk and trot; possibly canter. The ability to steer your horse efficiently at the walk and trot. The camper must have the desire to improve your western riding. You are eligible if you have taken the Manes & Tails Camp the previous summer or you are in our lesson program. Lesson students from outside of Kraus Farms are also welcome as long as they can meet the above requirements!
- Solidify their skills at a trot, posting trot and canter.
- Start arena patterns at a walk and trot such as the barrel and pole bending patterns.
- Increase his or her knowledge of the western riding discipline
- The knowledge to bathe a horse.
- The ability to tack and bridle their horses independently by the middle of the camp week.
5-day horse riding camps for ages 7-14. Monday- Friday. Available May 16–20, June 6-10, July 25-29, Aug. 8-12. Drop Off Between: 7:30am- 8:00am Pick Up Between: 3:00pm- 3:30pm Camp Run Time: 8:00am- 3:00pm Optional after care is available from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm for an additional $15.00 per day.