Snaffle Bits (English Intermediate Camp) 5-day horse riding camps for ages 7-14. Monday- Friday. THIS IS NOT A JUMPING CAMP!!! Requirements: Must have taken Manes & Tails Camp previously! The camper has the desire to learn the basic techniques of English riding that is needed to advance towards the ability to jump. The ability to steer your horse efficiently at the walk and trot. You are also eligible if you are in our lesson program or already take English lessons. Lesson students from outside of Kraus Farms are also welcome as long as they can meet the above requirements!
- Transition from a western to an English saddle.
- Understand the difference in English riding: the correct posture and style of riding.
- Solidify their skills/technique at a trot, posting trot and canter.
- Start trotting over ground poles at a posting trot and a two-point.
- Increase his or her knowledge of the English riding discipline.
- The knowledge to bathe a horse.
- The ability to tack and bridle their horses independently by the middle of the camp week.
5-day horse riding camps for ages 7-14. Monday- Friday. Available June 19-23 and July 24-28. Drop Off Between: 7:30am- 8:00am Pick Up Between: 3:00pm- 3:30pm Camp Run Time: 8:00am- 3:00pm Optional after care is available from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm for an additional $15.00 per day.